Chaos












Austin Cooper vs Blake Starr, Oil Bash (Wrestler4Hire)

With his bald pate, Austin Cooper looks like a strong-arm henchman. I see lean Blake Starr as more the freshman congressman type or the popular eighth-grade math teacher. In a movie I'd cast the two of them as Ninja and Victim #1. In the oil pit they are messy and bumbling, but reasonably game, pretty much the norm in oil wrestling. (In the GIFs I tried to capture the moments of control.) The competitors are also intentionally mismatched - in physique, attitude, and experience. That will be a draw for a lot of wrestling fans, but not so much for me.

I didn't find the 19-minute video satisfying except for the fact that Coop and Starr are draws for me. It's the rare big-vs-little match that captures my imagination. However, I do understand the primeval draw of oil wrestling. It's like an ancient ritual honoring all-powerful Chaos, the void that engendered gods and the universe. With that in mind, I'd be willing to set aside my prejudice against rumble matches to see an orgiastic 20-man  rumble in the oil pit. As with all rumble matches, I would find it impossible to keep up with who is who, but a shiny and writhing pile of raw muscle could hold my attention for hours, maybe even days.


Visit Wrestler4Hire here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more