Sterling/Lightning












Steve Sterling vs Johnny Lightning, Canadian Musclehunk Wrestling 2 (Can-Am)

Earlier in the week an online pal and I staged an uber-hot fantasy match, inspired by Steve Sterling.  Steve's cast-iron physique still sticks in my mind. This early 90s three-fall match against wildfire Johnny Lightining is thirst bait at its best. Lightning is taller, heavier, and younger, but Sterling doesn't let him get away with anything.

These two stars of granddaddy's underground wrestling are equal to or better than just about anybody I see in present-day underground wrestling, which says a lot because a big chunk of today's underground is brilliant. This is the sort of get-him-down-on-the-mat-and-hurt-him action that had disappeared from the television wrestling of the time, which was in the process of elevating attitude over aptitude and coming out of the kayfabe closet as, ahem, "sports entertainment" (i.e. NOT actual wrestling).

The Fantasy Fight and High Stakes Wrestling tapes were just beginning. In the underground wrestling of those days, wrestling, posing, and fucking were usually released on separate VHS tapes. Between then and now the three have merged, often to good effect in the best of MuscleBoy Wrestling and Naked Kombat, just as often, though, at the cost of grunt'n'groan wrestling.

Steve and Johnny take turns squeezing the grunts and groans out of each other in this 24-minute boner. I respected but did not think of myself as a fan of either Steve or Johnny back then, I don't know why not, but the past year has sold me on them. Beautiful in the way that only athletes can be, they embody the salty allure of rage and competition.


Visit Can-Am here.

Comments

  1. I wholeheartedly agree on all counts!!
    Steve and Johnny (and Paul!) could take it and dish it out, seemingly brutally and viciously! And their bods were pretty decent, too -- haha!
    I've fantasized about having some kind of magic potion and having Johnny Lightning of the good ol' days take on today's superstar, Scrappy -- mmmmm!!!
    Thank you for dusting off your VHS tape, I've got mine, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more