The Nature of the Beast













Bass Wallace vs Scott Randsome, Arena 20 (BG Enterprise)

A shockingly short match can offer as much nailbiting tension as a long match. This one is over and done with in two falls, taking up no more time than a single round in most matches. It's hard not to make comparisons to animal survival videos - the crisp and reckless assaults, the paralyzed prey, the cold indifference of nature. At the center of it all is raven-haired Bass Wallace.

The little I've been told about Bass convinces me we could not be close friends, but I find his wrestling matches hypnotizingly seductive. I literally wore out my old VHS tape of his BG East motel-room battle against Flying Tiger Collins, who coincidentally wrestles in an earlier match in Arena 20. Wallace  is not a bodybuilder, like his opponent, teen heartthrob Scott Randsome. His is the most ordinary of male physiques, yet he's strong enough to get the job done.

What Bass knows about submission wrestling Scott doesn't have time enough to learn. This is not either wrestler's finest match, but it's messy and mean, and I take indordinate pleasure in messy and mean. 


Visit BG Enterprise at the Rope Mall here.


Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more