Vic Vicious
Vic Silver vs Beau Hopkins, Canadian Musclehunk Wrestling 5 (Can-Am)
In the early nineties Vic Silver fought seven matches for BG Enterprise and four more for Can-Am, that I know of. In this Can-Am match he takes the starch out of babyface Beau Hopkins, who's taller and heavier, but Vic is sharper, hungrier, and meaner. He clobbers, chokes, wrenches, back-hands, stomps, elbows, and pulls hair. I get the distinct impression that Vic is making some kind of point here, and Beau's the day's object lesson.
I love the messiness of Silver's assault in the first GIF. He's like a lion tugging at the haunch of a downed zebra. By comparison, his other attacks are surgically clean and precise, thrillingly so. Beau sells well enough, but I think Vic's nastiness deserves more panic, more terror than Beau provides. Vic's punches and jabs are brisk, primal, and tactical. Those were exactly the qualities I was hunting for when I pulled this oldie out of my stash.
Visit Can-Am here.










Comments
Post a Comment