Yum














Roman Stone vs Paul Perris, Kick-Ass Bodybuilder Feud (Can-Am)

Deciding which of Can-Am's Polish cousins I prefer is a tough call. Impossible, really. No sooner do I join team Perris than I am drawn to team Stone. Paul Perris had the longer career at Can-Am. But Roman Stone's three matches (all against Perris) are in my top ten favorites of all Can-Am's expansive catalog. The wrestling and the heavily accented shit-talk are often stiff and unconvincing, but in my eyes these guys can do no wrong. Kick-Ass Bodybuilder Feud  stands today, nearly thirty years later, as one of the masterpieces not just of Can-Am but all of underground wrestling.

Divided into five linked segments, the video gives us Paul and Roman working out, then exhibiting their knowledge of the martial arts in the ring, then grappling, then pro-style battling, and, last, Perris drags Stone to the ring apron and heaves him onto the nearby oil mat, where they finish the fight with what must be the most luscious choke-out in human history. For me, the match comes alive in the last 37 minutes (out of 60), when they peel off their heavy gear and fight in teensy bikinis of avocado green (Roman) and lemon-meringue yellow (Paul).

I readily admit I am blinded by beauty; nevertheless, KABF quenches my thirst for a wrestling match even though it lacks the speed, stiff assaults, and spontaneity I have grown attached to in the last decade. In fact, the obvious artifice is a large part of my love for the video and these two young gods.


Visit Can-Am here.

Comments

  1. YESSS!!! Some of the most beautiful matches ever!! So sad that Roman didn't do more matches... Paul is an All-Star, for sure....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more