Denetti
Marco Denetti vs Ed Harte, Canadian Musclehunk Oil Wrestling (Can-Am)
Some oil matches play out like strip shows, others, like the greased-pig contest at the county fair. Marco Denetti - in his only appearance at Can-Am - plays this match like a fight, beating up cutie Ed Harte every chance he gets. He even bites. Even so, the fight goes for three falls, which means that Ed eventually learns to fight back. Harte is smooth as a boiled egg. Denetti has a hairy chest, a hairy stomach, and a lavishly packed blue bikini. Oiled up, he looks like a mix of Mike Henry, the 1960s Tarzan, and Ken Wahl of TV's Wiseguy.
Long story short, I'm on Denetti's side.
Many wrestlers treat an oil match like "magic hands" softcore porn. Marco's magic rests in his rough and rugged manhandling, which pushes Ed to reciprocate in kind. The action is impressively fast, speed not often seen as a feature of oil matches. The tone is more serious than playful. Denetti and Harte don't fool around, so smirking does not ironize the fight or diminish its gravity.
It's hard to get the lighting right for an oil match. Too dark, as we have it here, and fans can't see many details. Too bright, and the match looks like it was shot in a supermarket. Perfection would be a bright spot obliquely aimed at the oil pit, a dramatic balance between light and shadow that Wrestlingmale has mastered in some of its better matches.
I have no idea why Marco Denetti was a onefer. I like his spirit here. He's the kind of rough player we don't often get in oil matches.
Visit Can-Am here.










Ed Harte was my favorite Can-Am wrestler. For me, he defined the word "Musclehunk". Comparing Marco Denetti to Mike Henry, my favorite Tarzan, confirmed my thoughts back in the late 1990s of their resemblance. The first time I watched this match, I took note of Denetti's aggression and Harte's response to it in kind, making this one of the few video oil matches I truly enjoyed. Thanks for the memories. I will have to rewatch this one soon.
ReplyDeleteThe CAN-AM oil wrestling matches were so incredibly sexy and erotic. I think i managed to buy every one of them. No gay wrestling venue has been able to achieve the same excellent wrestling fantasy matches. I have some hope that Wrestle4Hire and Cameron Matthews might create some oil matches with the same sexy, erotic intensity. We shall see, I guess.
ReplyDeleteI've found a brother in dsnokc, it looks like: Ed Harte was also my favourite. His thick muscularity excited me: lean and bulging t the same time. And this was one of my favourite matches. Denetti is also so beautifully muscular and lean: the match had a great energy about it.
ReplyDelete