Spectacular Views










Loki vs Hellfire, Vegas Battles 90 (Thunders Arena)

For decades - no, for millenia - wrestling poses have been a medium for exhibiting the well-developed male body. From cave paintings dating back to 13000 BCE to the 2020 launch of Orange Crush: The Journal of Art & Wrestling*, wrestling and wrestlers' bodies have been almost more an aesthetic than a sport. Though I prefer wrestlers in real competitive action, I have long appreciated stylized wrestling poses from Physique Pictorial to Thunders Arena, even when the models are not trained wrestlers.

Loki has fascinated me since his first appearance at Thunders. He has the face of a fifteen-year-old science-club president pasted on the body of an Olympic god. His body is equally suitable for muscle poses and sumo wrestling. As a matter of fact, I'd love to see Loki and Hellfire in mawashi and waxed hair, pushing against each other on a rice-straw, clay, and sand platform, but, hey, a hotel suite with a panoramic view of Las Vegas is good, too.

Loki is the alpha male - though he's a bit more like a playful big brother than Superman. He's cute - a factor of masculine beauty that's often overlooked. Here in his first Arena match, Dirk Hellfire is taller (6'3" compared to Loki's  5'10") but lighter (195# to Loki's 220#). Like Loki, Hellfire looks startlingly young except for his well-developed muscles and hairy thighs. Experience and heft would give Loki a clear advantage in any legit wrestling contest.

The fight, such as it is, relies on the classic wrestling poses - stretches, chokes, scissors, and nelsons - to exhibit an opponent's muscles. To exhbit one's own muscles, the front lat spread, side chest, and double biceps do the trick for the victor. I have positive feelings for writhing vanquished contenders, too. Viewers must bring their own lusts to the table since the gay and gay-curious bluntness of MuscleBoy and Can-Am is not usually practiced at the Arena. Not a problem for me because I grew up in a hyper-hetero-world and therefore my nimble mind is experienced in turning fleeting eye contact into Roman ass-fucking orgies.

Side note:

Although crowdfunding of the medical expenses stemming from his head-on collision in September has somewhat exceeded the original goal, Zman needs our support in whatever form we can give it. Zman was the guy who first drew my attention to Thunders Arena, years ago. The Arena's donations to the fund demonstrate that the company cares for its own and values Zman's contributions to creating the company's house style.


*Favorably reviewed in the April 2nd New York Times Style Magazine - here.

Visit Thunders Arena here.

Comments

  1. Wow, this article is packed full of universes to explore! Your descriptive review of the hot hotel match (if I ever do go back to Vegas, I'd rather do THAT all afternoon than sit at Blackjack), a heads up on that hip new art/wrestling mag, the review of said mag by NYT (with a handful of other cool products to check out), even an update on Zman! I may be late for my first video conference of the day as I dig into all this goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more