The Bigger They Are
Tyler Cintron vs Bullet Joe, Thursday Night Throwdown (Xtreme Wrestling Alliance)
In this championship challenge match, we get pint-sized Bullet Joe taking on six-foot 200-pounder Tyler Cintron, one of my favorite indy bad guys, who returned to the squared circle last year after a four-year hiatus.
I have been a Cintron fan for about eight years. The guy has movie-cowboy looks and a body that should make anybody think twice before challenging it to a duel. His heel qualities fit the standard model: inflated ego, preening insouciance, disrespect for opponents, and a tendency to gloat, especially evident in this match by the way he eggs on his smaller, younger challenger (note the sixth and seventh GIFs). He also breaks a glorious sweat, though less so in this contest than in previous fights.
The ringside crowd loves Bullet Joe, who looks tiny up against Cintron. Like most smaller wrestlers, BJ is full of energy and tends to be far too cutesy for my tastes. Cintron toys with him, but Bullet Joe forcibly demands the champ's respect, thrilling the crowd and confounding his opponent with his dexterity, speed, and, most of all, durability. Contrarian that I am, I am rooting for Cintron - the bigger they are, the harder I get.
Visit Xtreme Wrestling Alliance on Facebook here.










Comments
Post a Comment