The Bubble Butt










Scott Randsome vs Dane Tanner, Arena 24 (BG Enterprise)

Until this weekend, I knew of Dane Tanner only from his match against Cliff Conlin, which I have blogged on twice in the 10+ years of this blog. The match is remarkable because the teenage wonderboy beats Cliff, a wrestler with a propensity for winning matches, matched only by his propensity for exacting revenge, which he does at the end of this match pitting Dane against Scott Randsome.

Dane is in four of BG's available productions. He stands out not only for his youth, but for his wrestling knowhow. He wrestled in the California State Championships, and though primarily a mat wrestler, he adapted well to the ring, though he is not as smooth against the ropes as he is when grappling with an opponent on the mat. His blond hair and ivory complexion are also a draw. The kid is beautiful, and the product descriptions for his matches consistently take note of his bubble butt. To quote BG, "There is just something about the way he moves, the way he sticks his butt up in the air when on the mat. He's pure fun to watch, visually as well as technically. And he's good."

This match has held up over the past thirty or so years better than I have. If I were a rich man, I'd throw a party for all the underground wrestlers active between 1988 and 1998. My motivation would be partly my curiosity about how well these studly athletes have held up over the decades, but mostly - and I mean this - I'd like to thank them for their classic, often pioneering work in the ring and on the mat, which still gives shape to my aggro- erotic imagination (which dates back to the 1960s) and sets the standards through which I view underground wrestling in the twenty-first century.








Visit BG Enterprise at the Rope Mall here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more