Outliers












Mac Daniels vs Ricky Archer, The Road, 20 January 2021 (Limitless Wrestling)

A friend recommended a Mac Daniels match I had already seen, but hankering for more Mac, I found this recent television match, in which the handsome heel takes on feisty youngster Ricky Archer. Mac, "the Outlier," in long tights of pink, white, and black, is 6'3", 225#. He is tricky and despicable but looks more like Superman than a heel probably should. His opponent, the young and buoyant Ricky, for whom I could locate no stats, is everything a rookie should be. Both are quick to show off their muscles as introductions are made and periodically throughout the match, when feeling cocky.

The 10-minute match, especially the first half, struck me as playful, like two big brothers playing good guy and bad guy in a pretend wrestling match for the entertainment of their younger siblings. I know that doesn't sound like a compliment, but my concept of the match cheers me up because it is what I would have wished for at age ten or eleven. The second half is more vehement, but still not far from my fantasy, even as Mac sets up the ref to get clobbered by Ricky. Ouch! Boo! Hiss!


Visit Limitless Wrestling on Facebook here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more