Cap vs Eagle











Eagle vs Cap, Mat Wars144 (Thunders Arena)

Cap's return to Thunders Arena is good news. He's muscled up since last I saw him, and he's here to flex, not fight, though he's fighting mad about the lack of respect extended to his upsized physique. Over lunch, Eagle challenges him to a little one-on-one action, equal parts posedown and wrestling positions. The showoffing turns dicey, and in the end one musclegod chokes the other musclegod out.

Though the playbook is familiar, it's great to see these hunks swell up for the camera and sneak in some manhandling to boot. Cap has shed a lot of his boyishness during his absence, but he has grown into a handsome man. Eagle looks younger than I remembered him; I'm not sure how or why, but I mistook him for a kid brother, assuming he has a kid brother who looks terrific.

While Cap exudes a clean 1950s-style squareness, he wears it well, a mix of Marine and Old Spice. Cleancut doesn't get any cleaner than Cap. By contrast, Eagle has bad-ass appeal. The tattoos are only part of it. His eyes radiate mischief, and his eagerness to romp with Cap in the living-room reveals his taste for trouble. As already noted, the convergence of these two turns into disaster for one of them.


Visit Thunders Arena here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more