Happy Little Sneers









Daniel Garcia vs Mike Bailey, Season's Beatings 2019 (IWS Hardcore)

When I watch a match like Garcia vs Bailey - a tip from my bro Dr. L - I scratch my head and wonder how hardcore wrestling doesn't turn every man who sees it gay like me, specifically "like me" because I'm not talking about rainbow gay or Will & Grace gay or Buttigieg gay (though I'd seriously like to wrestle or at least pillow-fight Pete), I'm talking jacking off watching one dude stripping another dude down to the quivering jelly that's inside him - that  kind of gay. Beneath my milquetoast exterior there's a heart that eats, breathes, and sleeps roughhouse. How is it that Canada gets this kind of rowdy romp all the time, and the USA gets cartwheels and confetti? Aaand Canadians get universal health care, too? It's not fair.

I feel a little better knowing Garcia is a New York punk. There's some consolation in that. (Bailey's a Québécois.) This is the fifth time I've blogged on Garcia since 2019. The sultry red canvas is a great setting for a guy who's nickname is Red Death. The ring here looks like the center of Hell surrounded by darkness. The two figures thrashing against each other look like the eternally damned. Dante's visit with the Sodomites in his Inferno  contains a reminiscent passage I love:

         As naked and anointed champions do
            in feeling out their grasp and their advantage
            before they close in for the thrust or blow -

         so circling, each one stared up at my height ....
                                        Canto XVI, lines 22-25, transl. John Ciardi

Has cruising ever had a better description? I also think of Lil Nas X's descent, fearless and nasty-sexy (and as someone well put it, the same Christians who tell Nas and other gays that they will go to Hell now resent the fact that he up and went there in a music video).

Always in touch with my deepest feelings, Dr. L has this to say:

Didn't see this on your blog, so I thought I'd pass it on. Good stuff. I have an intensely dark attraction to Garcia. Dark. It's helped here by my irrational distaste for Bailey, which is much like my irrational distaste for T. J. Perkins: I'd like to see both men get the crap brutally beat out of them. For real. Neither of them ever did anything to me that should cause such a feeling, but there it is.

Enjoy. Garcia's got a sneer that makes me happy.

(A word from my fem side tomorrow.)








Visit IWS Hardcore on Facebook here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more