Dirty in Pink
Davey O'Doyle vs Michael Allen Richard Clarke, WrestleMAX! 2, Winnipeg (WrestleMAX!)
This October of 2019 singles match got me to thinking that no sport welcomes as many diverse body types as wrestling - from Hornswoggle to Andre the Giant, from Spike Dudley to Haystacks Calhoun. In the early to mid-seventies I was enamored with only two male body types - the svelte GQ model and the Muscle Beach Hercules. I myself fit into neither category, and I hated my genes for my boxy physique and thick calves. Through TV wrestling, I was drawn to guys like Jack Brisco, Tito Santana, Ron Fuller, and others. Since my head did not immediately register these guys as sexy, it puzzled me that my dick esteemed them so highly.
Watching O'Doyle's and Clarke's bodies bounce off ring ropes and the ring floor, I was surprised by their physical effect on me. Actually, it was less the objects they bounced off that interested me than the chests and tummies colliding, briefly but with force. Neither is the GQ type. Their ring characters are firmly established from the start. Clarke reinforces his heel role early in the match when he removes the padding from the turnbuckle and pushes O'Doyle headfirst into the metal. Nothing comes of the incident except to confirm the man in pink and yellow's dastardliness. To me, no expert, the attacks look well-timed and snappy. More than anything, I love when their bodies crash together. They have the haunches of horses and crossbeams for shoulders. The final pin - though nothing special or out of the ordinary - is a turn-on, but then so are all the best pinfalls.
Visit WrestleMAX on Twitter here.










This was great!
ReplyDeleteI have not seen either of these guys before but I’m quite impressed. This is wrestling like I remember it and prefer… I could have used a “rest hold” or two in order to better appreciate Davey’s hairy tummy and chest. This seems to be one of the better filmed matches available from this company but I’m going to look for more of Davey particularly.