The Hardest Hit
Chris Ridgeway vs Dexter, 2 September 2017 (Wrestling League)
I have decided that, for now anyway, Chris Ridgeway is my favorite wrestler in the whole world. He lacks the face and pecs of Jessie Godderz. He isn't as cool as Chris Dickinson. At 5'9", 174, he is far from the physical spectacle that Roman Reigns is. But he's mean as a crocodile and sells a fight with incredible energy and aplomb.
Early this year Andy More wrote on Chris in Epic Encounters Eight: "Chris Ridgeway is one of the most believable hard men in British wrestling, and whilst he may not be the biggest, he can certainly hit the hardest, landing shots that will have you wondering how Callum and JJ's heads are still attached to their bodies." Obviously I agree and would say further that Ridgeway is THE most believable hard man in ALL of wrestling. I allow that I'm addicted to hyperbole - a side effect of blogging, I have learned - but Ridgeway proves a point I have been making for the last twelve years on Skull Island.
You don't have to be big, sculpted, quippy, or colorful to be dangerous. I wouldn't trade one of Ridgeway's punches for all the mic rants, fake tans, ladder matches, and back flips in the world. Getting punched by Ridgeway should be a career goal for every man who wears the tights and steps into the squared circle. I still do prefer grappling on a mat to the footwork and leaps that go into ring wrestling, but that doesn't lessen my jones for Chris.
Visit Wrestling League here on Facebook.










Comments
Post a Comment