Killer Chris
Chris Dickinson vs Jordan Cruz, 15 September 2020 episode of UWN Primetime Live #1 (Championship Wrestling from Memphis)
Dr. L asks, "What's not to like about Chris Dickinson kicking the shit out of Jordan Cruz? (What's not to like about almost anyone kicking the shit out of Jordan Cruz?)" I would add that there's also plenty to like about Jordan Cruz striking back, much good it does him, though. The match lasts only four minutes and 38 seconds, but it's jampacked with punches, kicks, a drawn-out and devastating single-leg crab hold, a crotch-to-face corner mount, and a pulverizing Death Valley Driver finisher.
Chris Flackett at Sports Obsessive calls Dickinson "entitled, arrogant, and violent. He's also incredibly entertaining." Dickinson is the most exciting wrestler in wrestling. I've been a slavering fan since I saw him first at Beyond Wrestling in 2009 (sorry about the lack of video). In 2010 I said he was "handsome, smart, sexy, funny, and just about perfect." The next month I called him "sex on a platter next to T-bone steak and eight shots of tequila," a quip, I'm proud to say, Dickinson quoted for a while on his Twitter profile.
Hard workers like Chris are not rare. Pre-lockdown, I saw them all the time at local wrestling events. The Dirty Daddy stands apart because of his sweat, tight minimalist black trunks, hairy torso, and handsome profile, but more than that, he is a blunt force of nature as awe-inspiring as a tidal wave. And, yes, what's not to like?










You are so right about this yummy match… I saw this match when it was first broadcast and I’ve been following Chris for years now. He always excels.
ReplyDeleteI’ve seen Jordan Cruz a few times and he’s always worth a second helping.
Great Skull Island post (as always).