Skip versus Bart












Skip Roberts vs Bart Tyler, Canadian Musclehunk Wrestling #9 (Can-Am)

Bart Tyler is in bubblegum pink trunks. Skip Roberts is in peach. These two fight in the last of the four segments of Canadian Musclehunk Wrestling #9, released in 1997, the same year they teamed up to fight Peter Ravell and Skip's brother Andy Roberts, a grudge match I blogged on last year. Bart loves to punish opponents, but there's nothing especially sinister or sadistic about him. His is a relatively easy-going style of wrestling heel - a cheerful big boy who likes to roughhouse - neither a hothead nor a psychopath. It was a style of heel fairly popular at Can-Am at the time. Skip is boy-next-door-ish with an ass that promises a soft landing. He's a perfect babyface, easy to empathize with and lust after.

Roberts and Tyler stay on their feet more than I would prefer. Several spots see them working each other on the mat. They don't last nearly long enough to satisfy me. Even standing, the wrestlers engage in strenuous armlocks and tight hugs with frequent reversals. Technically, they are traditional, breaking no new ground, though in the last GIF above Bart small-packages Skip with reckless spontaneity that feels new without actually being so. Bart's sexy in a goofball sort of way I love. I once described his face as always looking like he had a cold. I think he sometimes chewed gum while in the ring - if it wasn't Bart, it was somebody that reminds me of Bart.

The physiques are the main thing here. 

Visit Can-Am here.

Comments

  1. It's my understanding that Bart's no longer with us ;-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, and I've tried to find the article again and again without success. Always a shame to see a young life end! :-(

      Delete
    2. If I remember that article correctly, I believe Bart died by suicide. Always sad to hear that kind of news about these guys. I also wonder where Skip went?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more