Competitive
Dark JR vs Steve Mason, Competitive Matches (Hunkswrestling)
Lately I have been wanting a friendly but unrestrained and unscripted wrestling match. Matches like this do exist. I wish there were more of them, but it's enough to see two or three in a year, as long as they're as good as Dark JR versus Steve Mason. Supposedly this match was Dark JR's idea. To which I say, "You're the man, Dark JR."
The two cut loose on each other, restricting themselves to the straight-edge rules of man-to-man combat without the underground-wrestling embellishments. It's slow going for twenty-one minutes, each minute a little longer than the last as the two men wear each other down. As I have said before, exhaustion and rugged perseverance make a sexier contest than all the muscle-posing, backflips, and striptease in the world.
The closest this match gets to pro-style wrestling is a bearhug about a quarter of the way into the video. It's not just for show either. It aims to wear its recipient down - for real and not for dramatic effect - and it succeeds, for the most part. The sweaty finish is hotter than most oil and strip matches, and it ends with a slow knockout and a victor planting his foot on his conquest's ribs.
Visit Hunkswrestling here.


Comments
Post a Comment