T-World











T-World vs Red Redemption, 038 Grand Championship Personal Revenge (UKWH)

I'm still in the exploratory stage with UKWH. I see the promotion has a championship belt, and I assume the champion is or was recently a guy named T-World. He and Red Redemption have scores to settle, and this fight gives Red a chance at the belt, too. Does Red have what it takes to battle a nasty villain-in-training like T? The two used to be tag-team partners, but T turned on Red in a bout against the Bearly Bros, in a match I haven't seen yet. (It's difficult for me to follow squabbles with elaborate storylines, even worse when, as here, I've seen only two UKWH matches so far. "Personal Revenge" in the title is what drew me to this one.)

This match introduces me to T-World. The name alone smells of inflated ego. He's a sturdily built guy, somewhat taller and heavier than Red Redemption. He looks to me like a grown-up brat who used to corner littler guys for an after-school fight. This fight has its clumsy moments, but there's heat in it, too. I like heat in a fight. I am mildly annoyed by matches that are basically series of lukewarm holds and flips and technical showboating. A good grudge is as good if not better than a dozen dives off a ring post. Clearly Red and T have it in for each other. I enjoyed the match especially for World's glee in tormenting his former partner and Red's determination to make World pay for his breach of trust. I look forward to a rematch someday, and I probably need to see that tag-team match with the Bearly Bros.


Visit UKWH here.


Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more