Cowboy Up












Davey Richards vs Chandler Hopkins, Pale Pro Cheat Code (Pale Pro Wrestling)

Cowboys used to be a big deal in wrestling - Terry Funk, Dory Funk Jr., Bill Watts, Dick Murdoch, Bob Orton, Jr. - along with some American Indians - Wahoo McDaniels, Jay Strongbow, Don Eagle, and Jack Brisco (who seldom played up the gimmick). Vince McMahon didn't like the cowboy gimmick, so that explains why we don't see it in WWE anymore. 

Texas wrestling still has the cowboy gimmick: witness this match from Pale Pro Wrestling, which launched just last year in Arlington, Texas, and has a neat website. This past September, hottie "The Young Gun" Chandler Hopkins faced off against superstar Davey Richards. To his credit, young Hopkins holds his own against Richards for much of this match.

It's a breathtaking match between two wrestlers who appear to respect each other but nevertheless fight to win. Davey reprises his small-scale tortures, working Chandler's fingers more than once, which he contrasts with big-scale moves, of which he is also a master. The guy IS wrestling, lives, breathes, and sweats it, belonging to a small group of I-call-them artists who work mostly in small independent promotions. The guy's been at this job for 18 years this coming May.

Chandler is new to me, but a great find, called "pro wrestling's fastest rising star" by writer-podcaster Brian Rzeppa. He began his career as a pro wrestler late in 2016. I've seen only three of his matches. I'm thirsting for more. In jeans, Western belt buckle, and boots, he reminds me of a shirtless god I saw in a dime store in Las Vegas when I was 14 or 15. Talk about your Proustian moments! That's what this blog's all about.


Visit Pale Pro Wrestling here.





Comments

  1. Thanks for this one - and in fact all your other posts. Of all the hot young wrestlers out there, Chandler Hopkins is my favourite: great tight body, good looking, sexy as.

    Have you caught this match against Moonshine Mantell yet? Chandler gets hung upside down in the ropes and it's hot as fuck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkJYoZjin24

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rory. I HAVE TO SEE MANTELL vs CHANDLER! ... NOW! I recently wrote up a different Mantell match that I'll probably post next week.

      Delete
    2. No worries Joe. I hope you enjoyed it - I'm sure you did! It's one of my 'go to' bouts. This is another hot one - he's not in the cowboy gear but suffers very nicely. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXsk5du-wzg

      Delete
  2. I just ran across this cowboy recently as he was the punching bag for the bearish Moonshine Mantell… since then I’ve seen a few more of his matches and heard him interviewed on a podcast. Definitely worth watching.

    Thanks for bringing up Brian Rzeppa…I’m finding his blog to be interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more