Golden Warrior











Kevin Von Erich vs Rick Ferrara, 22 August 1981 (Georgia Championship Wrestling)

In my daydream bout with Kevin Von Erich, my head spends a great deal of time under his butt or between his thighs, like Ferrara in this match from forty-something years ago, except I would appreciate the experience much more. In his early ring years, Kevin struck many poses that flaunted his physique and virility. His attitude was pure sex, at times seemingly patterned after the self-portraits of Peter Berlin, with whom he shared a blond bowl-cut and a Michelangelesque bearing. 

Killer physique and bowl cut aside, Kevin Von Erich captured my imagination through the way he draped his body over ring ropes and opponents. Especially in his early years, he was big on skin on skin - or his fans were, and he accommodated them generously. Had he just flipped and punched his opponents, he would have still caught my eye, of course, but the added touch of pelvic thrusts, thrust-back shoulders, face-straddling thighs, and tight clutches made him a thirst trap before the phrase thirst trap was coined. He was best, as he is here, before he bulked up. The combination of muscle and slender slouch made him a god.


Comments

  1. I love it when you review classic pro bouts. And Kevin looking ripped in his white gear! -- and boots too!! I'm all in. Your GIFs are stunning and inspiring, I love those humpy Arm-Bars, a great way to begin my Thursday. I'm going to blog about this article on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post as much as I did. Where is your blog these days? I'm assuming you switched blog brands because I vaguely recall your saying something about doing so and because I haven't seen a new post on Wrestling Arsenal since August. This elusiveness must stop!

      Delete
    2. I am now blogging on NewTumbl at https://wrestlingarsenal.newtumbl.com/
      Check out my posts - you will see I stole some of the great images of Kevin from your article today and I credited your great work.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more