Talking Shit










Kurtus Beefcake vs Chris Wayne, Hollywood Muscleboy Wrestling 7 (BG Enterprise)

Beefcake (in red trunks) outmuscles and outwrestles Wayne in this match from (I think) 1990. Beefcake, aka Scott Randsome, is one half of the tag team The Beefcakes, side by side with Cliff Conlin. Chris Wayne is one half of The Wild Boys. I like to think their name is an homage to my favorite William S. Burroughs book, but I kinda doubt it. Wayne's tag partner, singularly The Wild Boy, was the showier of the two, often scene-stealing from everyone else in the ring. So it's been only this year that I noticed what a looker Wayne is, and in singles competition against Randsome, he's not bad at all.

The moves are somewhat repetitious, but so are a rollercoaster's, and the repetition takes nothing away from the excitement. The wrestlers churn out a lot of sweat and groans in the course of the battle. Beefcake dominates, as you might expect, but Wayne's moxie gives life to every move and hold. There's nothing especially memorable about the contest. The match uses up all its thrills, yet when I revisit it, as I did recently, I'm drawn into it even though, like Chinese food, I know I'll be hungry agains an hour later.


Visit BG Enterprise here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more