Vacationland
Matt Sydal vs Vinny Pacifico, 18 September 2021, Brewer, Maine (Vacationland Pro Wrestling)
Matt Sydal is astounding still at age 38, perhaps more amazing than ever before, and I'm a little embarrassed that I haven't blogged on his matches more. (This is only the second Sydal match to appear here, and the first was during the Obama years. That long ago.) Sydal emerged on MTV's Wrestling Society X, a series way ahead of its time and an early strike against the paunchiness of the McMahon combine, which was swallowing competition whole (including Sydal, renamed Evan Bourne) and spitting out titantrons and Big Talker microphones, I was not and still am not the biggest fan of high-flying, flippy ring matches, a Sydal specialty - but this September 2021 match shows him soaring through the air and grappling with Vinny Pacifico in more or less equal measure.
Matt signed on with All Elite Wrestling officially in late 2020. He has wrestled practically everywhere that matters - Ring of Honor, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, EVOLVE, New Japan Pro-Wrestling, Impact Wrestling, and more, including frequent sidelines on the independent circuit. Vinny has been an independent wrestler since 2014, with matches in many states, mostly east of the Mississippi.
Visit Vacationland Pro Wrestling on Facebook here.


Hey Joe...it amazes me you do this daily and the posts are up pretty early. What time of day do you usually do them..do you do them on day of publication or ahead of time? You are awesome dude. Thadd Boone..young gun cowboy fan!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the encouraging words, Thadd. Usually I write the blog a day or two before putting it up, writing late at night or early in the morning. Right now, my work schedule is pushing me to create a stockpile to cover days I'm overloaded by work demands, a method I'm not fond of, so I hope to return to a leisurely pace soon.
Delete