13 June 2014












Ashton Vuitton vs Scotty "The Kid" Young, RPW Deliverance (Resistance Pro Wrestling)

Ashton Vuitton retired from wrestling in 2015, the year after this match. He had wrestled professionally for six years. There have been shorter runs in pro wrestling, but I wish he had wrestled at least two or three more years. I don't know why he left. I don't know where he is now. His last reported match at Cagematch was a WCWC match against Dan Joseph, whom he had faced in the squared circle several times.

Ashton arguably had the yummiest body in professional wrestling, or at least one of the top ten. I don't know if he or his character identified as gay, but there were readable signals in his performance style and ringwear. He was a sissy audiences loved to hate; he blended elements of Gorgeous George and "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers - fancy dressers with valets and feather boas, Wrestling Arsenal wrote the definitive post on this matter, here

I had a brief online correspondence with Vuitton years ago, probably before this match. I remember asking him for a signed 8x10. He said he was in the process of having photos made, and he would send one to me, soon. He didn't, or I didn't get it. You'll be happy to hear I'm not easily heartbroken when life falls short of expectations of this sort.

Resistance Pro Wrestling closed a couple of years after this match. 

Comments

  1. Thanks for your shout-out to my old blog article from 2011 about those "Brawling Sissies." I actually saw a YouTube video recently posted to the Wrestle Shrine channel on the same subject and wrote a post about it on my newTumblr site at https://newtumbl.com/x_lbMVESuFuQf8.

    I just realized when I read your article that we haven't seen Ashton Vuitton in a long time, have we? Thanks for jogging my memory on how fun and hot he was.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more