Business









Gabe Steele vs Travis, NHB Fights (Wrestler4Hire)

I downloaded this 2020 match for muscles and ass and got an unexpectedly rowdy show. I imagined Gabe would make short work of tall, lean Travis. Happily, I got a lot of feisty give and take and, in the last ten minutes, sweat. The battle is neck and neck all the way to the end, not always convincing but fast-paced and hot. Strongly contrasting body types, the two slam each other HARD to the mat and tumble over each other in feverish combat, keeping the score cards close all the way to the end.

I haven't been a big fan of either of these guys, but this match may have changed that. I sometimes took them for beautiful posers. I didn't think they had this much spunk in them. It's not the grittiest match I have seen, but it keeps up a pace, and some of the moves are seared in memory now. W4H calls this one a "right to business matchup," and rightly so. These guys are ready to wipe the pout and the smirk off each other's respective face. Minimalism doesn't get much better than, to quote Cameron, "The only words spoken in the entire encounter is 'I give up.'"









Visit Wrestler4Hire here.

Comments

  1. NHB Fights has been a bit of a letdown for me. I own a number of their matches. I was hoping they'd be in rhe old style of NHB-Battle or UCW's short-lived offshoot FCL: real (or genuinely real appearing) submission matches. Competition, suspense, surprise, zero script. Real aggression, sweat, no gimmicks or perceived plot. The fighters' skills would vary, as would the nature and length of each match.

    NHB-Fights still has its charms in the male forms on display, but I regret that no one is doing the good old real stuff anymore. I'd prefer average looking guys in real submission matches over hot models play acting any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well put! I agree. I like hot models, but they would be better served in a different category.

      Delete
  2. I may look into this one since you mentioned a "feisty give and take"… so, so much of "underground" wrestling are squash matches that much of it has become rote, dull and tiresome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. If I ruled the world, squash matches should be the exception to the rule, not the norm. I would be pleased if they took up no more than 10 percent of underground wrestling production. I think the heel-babyface divide should be altered, too - perhaps by letting babyfaces defeat heels as often as heels defeat babyfaces and upping the number of matches between wrestlers of comparable build, size, age, and ability. Consider all this an early "Dear Santa" letter.

      Delete
  3. BG East is still and will always be my #1 source for the best in wrestling action ; with athletes who know how to wrestle ( with a few exceptions ) .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more