Rite of Passage












Adam Brooks vs Mitch Waterman, Rite of Passage (Melbourne Cite Wrestling)

The GIFs above cover only the first half of this splendid March 2022 match, which ends with a sweaty off-the-corner-ropes three-count pin. To tell you the truth, this post is an excuse to humble-brag about seeing ginger Aussie wrestler Adam Brooks live and in person a few weeks ago. You heard right. After three years, I have ventured out to a live show again.

Deadlock Pro-Wrestling launched in my vicinity last fall. I knew nothing about it until a friend bought tickets for us to see a show a couple of weeks ago. The venue was walking distance from where I live. I have tickets to next month's show in nearby Raleigh. The card touted not only regional favorites, but wrestlers from Canada, Australia and Japan. Next month's show touts a number of names I can't (yet) pronounce.

I'm very happy to see live shows again. I hope the pandemic soon taps out, so more of us can get out and support our favorite warriors and boo and hiss the bad guys. Beyond a doubt, local independent promotions and special events are the lifeblood of pro wrestling in the USA. 


Comments

  1. I really liked that brutal Over-the-Knee Backbreaker - I may need to repost that on the Arsenal! Glad to hear you support your local Indy wrestling. I need to get back out there! I sure wish I had a promotion putting on shows within walking distance! Someone created an interactive Google Map to help you find all the indy promotions active in your region: https://www.wrestlemap.com/map

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that backbreaker, too. Brooks is a terrific performer. And thank you for the link to the promotion finder!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more