Mike Pope vs Scottie Nguyen












Mike Pope vs Scottie Nguyen, Hollywood MuscleBoy Wrestling 7 (BG Enterprise)

Both in their late teens, Mike and Scottie were a great big WOW for me when I first saw this match on VHS tape in olden days. Mike has the weight and muscle advantage here, but Scottie matches him blow for blow. The GIFs catch only part of the fight. Neither competitor lets the action sag. It's an old-guy thing to say, but I miss the underground wrestling of the early 1990s. For sure, the technology sucked - poor lighting, low resolution, often. It seems to me that it had less talk, less posing, less scripting, less smirking, and more grunts and groans than most underground matches now. And the heel and babyface roles were less fixed, making matches less predictable and letting viewers decide their personal favorites. Mismatched in size, Scottie and Mike make the contrasts immaterial.


Visit BG Enterprise here.

Comments

  1. I really enjoy Hollywood MuscleBoy Wrestling series. The matches usually feel more authentic and thus bring the fantasies closer to reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere around the house I think I still have this VHS video - loved it. Scottie was a hottie to die for! 🔥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was always a fan of Mike Pope early on in his career or when he turned into a muscle stud jobber. I loved his abuse at the hands of Dirty Dave Strong too. The filming and pace wasn't the best back in those days but Mike looked great at any angle in skimpy speedo or posers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showcasing this video. Good continuous wrestling action. Enjoyed the high impact throws Mike pounded Scottie with as in the first two images. It's a great video but would have been even better if Scottie had worn low-cut briefs (like Japanese Speedos or like what Mike wore) that were more appropriate for his age and build rather than trunks for a middle-aged man.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more