Corby and Johnny in Three Tasty Rounds













Corby Banning vs Johnny Olson, Young Musclestud Wrestling 5 (BG Enterprise)

Two hotties in the ring together is heaven, especially when they play rough and dirty. This is one of three matches Corby fought for BG Enterprise, one of only two Johnny fought for the company. I wish there were more. Johnny has another match at BG East as half of a tag-team fighting Kid Leopard and Kid Vicious. Then they vanished, as far as I can tell.

The match above is not perfect, but it's perfect for me (pace Grace Jones). For decades, my mouth has watered at the mere mention of Olson's name. I have not given him as much thought these past ten years, however. My adoration of Banning is more recent, within the past six months, in fact. Besides their fine physiques and other manifestations of erotic heat, I like what they do in this match - a brutal three-fall contest that sees these young men slamming each other to the mat, driving their elbows and knees into each other's gut, scratching eyelids, wiping the top rope with the other guy's face, pulling hair, throwing punches, ramming each other into the turnbuckle, and more.

Seeing the two at war reveals how emotionally ambivalent I am. I want Corby to beat the shit out of Johnny, but I want Johnny to have his fun, too. Banning is the better ring fighter, but Johnny has the angelic physique. I ought to sympathize with Olson, but Banning is the guy for me if for no other reason than there's nothing about him to bring sympathy into the equation. But there's more to it - the sharply defined and manly face, his smooth and streamlined physique, his no-nonsense approach to wiping out his opponent, the ability to sell both sides of a punch, giving and receiving.

There's also something androgynous about the match. The attacks resemble the ring tactics of female wrestlers in TV wrestling's golden era, notably the Fabulous Moolah, whose wrestling style ruled women's pro wrestling for over fifty years, punching opponents in the tits and kneeing and forearming the crotch - assaults that to this day turn me on even though I find nothing else attractive about Moolah or her opponents. [I get nothing of the kind from other women wrestlers - not at this high level, at least.] More than male wrestlers of her day, Moolah saw the link between aggression and lust, which remains a mystery to me, despite my attempts to analyze it from time to time on this blog.


Visit BG Enterprise here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more