228 Seconds











Tim Horner vs Tommy Angel, 31 January 1987, Atlanta, (Jim Crockett Promotions, WTBS)

This match is a mix-up of traditional college wrestling and choreographed pro ring wrestling. That's an important consideration in my evaluation of just about any ring match. Horner vs Angel contains more sustained body contact than most mainstream pro matches today. Neither wrestler has a pin-up physique, but the rough yet nimble and assured way Tim Horner, in dark red trunks, manhandles Tommy Angel, in white, gets me hard. 

Ring wrestling is so much better when grappling is a key component. This match, which I don't remember seeing previously, reaffirms that good grunt-and-groan wrestling is as strong an aphrodisiac for me as any porn. This is my kink, not everybody's; I know that. In its speed and finality, though, the long haul of back-and-forth action followed by the sudden pinfall is the equivalent of a money shot.














Comments

  1. Why is the title of this article: "228 Seconds"? I didn't see any reference to that in the article. When I saw the title, I was hoping you would say that was the amount of time someone in this matche was caught in a headscissors! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article (as always)!
    I love it when you write about “real” pro wrestling and I always looked forward to both of these men.
    I got more smitten As these guys got a bit older and matured somewhat. Both got more contemporary haircuts as time went on and even let their chest hair show. Hot men!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more