Slammed










Shane Douglas vs Rick Paradise, 2 April 1988 (NWA Pro Wrestling)

Shane Douglas whoop-asses Rick Paradise but good in this 1988 match. This was a year for rat tails, bleached hair, and beating the shit out of a dude. Douglas was 23 at the time, and he was making his mark as a hometown hero, back when wrestling had uncomplicated heroes. This match wiped Paradise (in black trunks) clean off the map, I guess, because I can't find more than three things about the guy. That ring-corner punch to Shane's gut does nothing but rile Shane up to demolish the jerk. That lightning-strike suplex in the third GIF almost ends Rick's storyline then and there. What follows is a line of stinging punishments - chinlock, near pins, a boot to the chin, and a little hair-pulling - topped with a belly-to-belly suplex that nails Rick's shoulder blades firmly into the mat.


Comments

  1. Oh good, I love it when you write up regular old pro wrestling matches. Shane Douglas was a favorite of mine, so blond, cute, and buff. You tell the story of the match with gusto, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss those whoop-ass beatdown matches of the past, especially breaking before the 3 count to continue the punishment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more