Denny Hellbo












Denny Hellbo's physique makes me want to stop everything and jump on the guy. In build he's the thickset strongman type that drew me towards wrestling in my teens, along with the college athletes I hung out with. This was the early 1970s. I had just discovered Jack Brisco and Mike Graham. I knew shit about wrestling, but I loved the skin-to-skin contact. My friends knew wrestling well and enjoyed grappling with me - unlike a wrestling dummy, I could be hurt and offer at least a modicum of resistance. 

In this scenario, Denny plays a rugby player who goes into the wrong hotel room, It's a trap set by one of the opposing players - a slim guy but feisty, hungry to cut Denny down to size. The wiry assailant is about half Denny's size and weight. He's a dirty fighter, and Denny has his work cut out for him. He doesn't stoop to the assailant's level, but ultimately, after being knocked out a few times, he wears the skinny punk down. But that's not the end of the story. See for yourself.



Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more