Mikey Redux
Mikey Hanlon vs Connor Flynn (NHB-Battle/Movimus)
Flynn (in pale blue) is taller and heavier than Mikey (in purple), but not by much. These guys remain bolted to each other for most of this fight, set in 2010, I think. This was the high point of my Hanlon crush, which recurs every time I see him on a wrestling mat. Complicating things back then, there was a kid at work who was indistinguishable from Hanlon, an affable guy whose muscles radiated the air between us. I seriously considered asking him if he wrestled under the name of Mikey Hanlon, but never worked up the nerve. Nah, probably not him - but, damn, every bit of him an exact replica.
This is a fine back-and-forth match, closer than the gifs above suggest. I get the sense that Hanlon likes hurting his opponents - not in a big way, but on the edge of a big way. In the seventh gif, his clasped hands and the forearm to Connor's nose look like they're meant to sting. Not damage, just a hard and solid souvenir. Of course, Conner gives Mikey a little payback in the final gif. In general, the roughness of this sport intrigues me. I love a good, tough, and throbbing fight, but not injurious. A bruise or a scrape is enough.
Visit Movimus here.










Comments
Post a Comment