The Iron Claw
Scheduled for a December 22 release, The Iron Claw, the biopic of the Von Erich family, might be a must-see. I spent the last 43 years, more or less, fantasizing about Kevin Von Erich - just look at my wrestling mags and signed and framed 8x10s! I'm also a fan of actors Zac Efron (Kevin), Jeremy Allen White (Kerry), and Harris Dickinson (David). The movie is produced by A24, a film company that makes interesting movies that avoid the usual Hollywood schlock. I hope Iron Claw is as good as I want it to be. Skull Islanders could make this their Barbie.










Yes, I' m looking forward to it also. Longtime von Erich fan here too, since I saw their photos in a drug store magazine because I couldn't see them on TV where I lived. That trailer really captures the vibe of early-80's wrestling, I'm impressed so far!
ReplyDeleteI stil vividly remember the Saturday morning when I ws gobsmacked by my first vision of the Brothers K--especially Kevin. I am of course therefore going to watch this movie, but I am a bit disapointed by the casting. Efron is obviously built and ripped and all, but older than Kevin was in his most furious days, and I don't know of any actor with Kevin's butt and legs O My!
ReplyDelete