Squeeze






Brando vs Phantom, Mat Rats 176 (Thunders Arena)

Brando is so solidly built he could pass for a bank vault. Phantom has muscle, too, but his is fleshier. I like a wrestler I can pinch. Phantom is the wilder of the two - hairy, robust, instinctive, reckless. He hasn't Brando's bulk, smoothness, self-assuredness, or perfectly coiffed beard. He hasn't yet proved himself a reliable winner either, but he has moxie.

I like the parts of the match where the bodies are entangled and squirming. Muscle showdowns don't do a lot for me, though I do admire a well-groomed physique. I'm more a fan of the down and dirty side of wrestling - or, more accurately, rassling. I like flexed muscles, smooth muscle, and bodybuilding poses, but I like wild, desperate, vengeful grappling more. Hair on the chest is always a good sign, in my opinion. Opposing personalities and body types make this an interesting contest.

Every now and then, you can catch a glimpse of fellow wrestlers in the background, sitting in the shadows, paying close attention. I take it as a good sign when wrestlers take an interest in another wrestler's match, the way you know a good Italian restaurant by the number of Italians in it.


Visit Thunders Arena here.


Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more