One-Way-Ticket to the E.R.
Paul Perris vs Tony Valor, Superstar Grudge Match (Can-Am)
Here's one from 1996 I didn't know existed, squaring godlike Paul Perris against Tony Valor. Perris owned the 1990s, so it's all the more surprising that I went 27 years unaware of this gem. And here he takes a turn at playing the heel.
Hot pink to salmon pink, crew cut to long hair, short to tall, the contrasts are part of this match's pull. Ignored on this blog, up to now, Valor had a string of run-ons against Mark Wolff, Flex, Guy Bolton, and Mark Mariano, which I have overlooked. Too bad, because he's a hot number in this match.
Naturally I'm focused on Perris, despite the regrettable hair frosting. I don't remember his being as vicious in other matches. He usually played the superhero. He specialized in bondage and oil. (His slippery match with Kevin Edwards is at the end of this video.)
According to Can-Am's product description, Perris asked for this match so he could deliver "Tony-boy's one-way-ticket to the ER." Shit talk like that gets me hard, especially when it's concise and not repeated throughout the match. The match goes for three rounds, so we're guaranteed to see each man trounced at least once. Exhaustion and desperation kick in in the third round, ending in "humiliated unconsciousness." (My favorite flavor of unconsciousness.)
Visit Can-Am here.
Running time: 1:07;49






I always loved Tony Valor. yum!
ReplyDelete