Studs at Work







Elite Eliot vs TrevThor, Mat Mavericks (Underground Wrestler)

This mat match is a good time for the wrestlers and us fans. Eliot and TT tear into each other, get a sturdy grip on the other guy, and grin like pie-eating contestants when in control. They have similar builds and wrestling techniques, guaranteeing constant back-and-forth action. Both like to slam, punch, and pinch their opponent. All three tactics wear down rivals, setting them up for an excruciating finish.

I love fighters who love their jobs. TrevThor and Eliot love their work. Technique is important, but enthusiasm is infectious, drawing the viewer into the joys of conquest. There's a brotherly bond between guys who fight. Riding and controlling another man is exhilarating. Something about an adversary's moans gets dicks hard. In my college years, I loved the pounding of the opposition's heart - palpable and audible in a tight crunch.

Imposing a storyline on a wrestling match is a mistake. Leave plots and characterization to Hollywood. Those are opinions I have formed in the course of blogging about wrestling. (We can still be friends if you disagree.) I prefer to see primal instincts at work. The "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat," to quote Wide World of Sport decades ago. Wrestling doesn't need good guys and bad guys. It doesn't require a storyline or prizes. Theatrics in wrestling is too much makeup. 


Visit Underground Wrestler here.
Running time - 20:55

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more