Pharrell vs Rees













James Pharrell vs Iestyn Rees, 1 June 2024 (WrestleForce)

Three months ago, American James Pharrell took on British strongman Iestyn Rees. I briefly blogged on Rees in 2010. I have watched him in assorted matches, admiring his bulk and sweat. I have blogged on Pharrell five times since May 2023. I can't rightly say I know much about him, except that I am drawn to his charisma, pluck, and polished ring performance.

Pharrell vs Rees is a fine match, relying heavily on conventional tropes and Pharrell's good-guy persona. He's a gentleman by nature but comes on strong when his opponent doesn't play by the rules. He's as basic as his black wrestling trunks and modest musculature. Fans love him, and what's not to love? He doesn't seem to be seeking big stadium fame. In that respect, he reminds me of Zack Sabre Jr. - more interested in cooperative relationships (for instance, with Shane Haste, Mikey Nichols, and Kosei Fujita) than fame.



Visit WrestleForce here.


See Comment below: Pharrell is British, not American. Thank you for the correction!

Comments

  1. I like everything in Iestyn Rees. The physique, of course, the attitude, the sense of humor. I wish his wrestling would be more “vintage” like in the good old days of Marty Jones and Danny Boy Collins. The wrestling today is often boring.and falsely “spectacular “ Apparently, that’s what the people want to see…

    ReplyDelete
  2. James is the absolute best! looks, skills, charisma =) also, i think James is British

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, but I agree with the comments under the video: this match is not very good, and it is entirely the fault of Pharrell. He is never convincing at anything.
    And Iestyn Rees (one of the sexiest men to ever walk the earth, if not THE sexiest) is the only reason to watch it.
    But then again, I would watch him doing anything. He is a god among men and we are lucky to have him among us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more