Retribution













Bart Gilroy vs Max Anderson, Wanna Wrestle 39, Match 2 (Movimus Wrestling)

I can't say I have seen a better Wanna Wrestle match than this one. I thought I had seen all of Max Anderson's matches. Clearly, I was wrong. And there's more that I have missed. Stocky Bart Gilroy steps on the mats seeking vengeance for his brother, Lance Gilroy. This is not playtime. Bart and Max face "each other locked in a real test of power and muscle": what amounts to a slow and merciless slaughter I now cannot get out of my head.


Visit Movimus Wrestling here.

Comments

  1. Oh, Joe. Had I realized you hadn't seen this match I would have told you about it long ago. I love this match. I wish the Gilroys had stuck around underground wrestling longer. They were both hot in a compact way, and knew their way around a mat or ring. Fortunately, they did have a lengthy Indy circuit career as Jake & Matt Crist, a.k.a. The Irish Airborne.

    Max had many, many matches for NHB (now Movimus). He won well more than half, and was always competitive, win or lose. In just a few fights I sensed from the beginning that he'd bitten off more than he could chew. This is one of them.

    Also note, I think this match occurred immediately after he wrestled the other Gilroy brother, Lance. That is also a very good match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto for what is written above. This is my favorite NHB/Movimus and my favorite Max Anderson match by far! And I have never been able to get it out of my head either! I think that Max tapped out, quite painfully and loudly, 5 times, maybe more! More than he could chew is an understatement. Bart went after him in the first 5 seconds with that neck crank from behind and stretched him way out and immediately weakened him...and then he went in for the kill for the rest of the match. You can see in your first GIF above, that first move, Gilroy/Crist was not playing around and Max seemed paralyzed until he could catch his breath. I'd love to chat about Max anytime here, he is definitely one of my all time favorites--so sad that he's not doing this anymore!

    Other matches where Max seemed overwhelmed/outmuscled were against Josh Steele, (his first submission to that killer full nelson is also etched into my memory) and I think his first match against Brock Hammer (only time I've ever seen a boston crab used there too). Also Christos Voronin did a pretty good job on him too, just didn't look as mean doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so many great Max memories! Christos definitely had has way with Max. Interestingly, Josh did dominate Max, but Max won fair & square. I wish Max had rematches against them.
      Brock was a beast, of course. I wish he had wrestled against Duke Russo or Bryan Hollister.

      Delete
    2. Yes - totally agreed with above on how Max was completely dominated in that first match against Brock Hammer. That first Max vs Brock match was the most punishment Ive seen Max take in any match. Brock was also verbally ridiculing Max and trash talking throughout the entire match too.

      Joe - that match is a must-watch if you haven't seen it yet!

      Delete
  3. I'm fairly certain that Bart goes for Max's eyes at some point during this one, then gets a tap shortly after. Hot stuff to say the least.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more