Pure Vigor








Bull Barrett vs Johnny Greco, Catalog 56: Pound It Out (MuscleBoy Wrestling)

"I'm gonna get 'im," Greco says right in the camera lens. The 'm is big and hairy Bull Barrett, Greco's opponent in MuscleBoy's Catalog 19 - Muscle Boys Go At It. MuscleBoy thinks this is "one of the best ring matches MBW has ever filmed!" I have to agree with that. It has complex layers - two ruffians who have mutual respect and towering pride - two who seriously want to win and seriously prepared to crush each other into pulp to get what they want. 

I'm torn between the two. I'd like Greco to win, but I also want to watch Barrett shred the guy. Can't have it both ways, though. The action turns rapidly, giving both contestants memorable moments of glory. Unlike most "friendly" matches, these guys aren't clowning around and aren't trying to rape each other. Both are serious as a heart attack, yet ecstatic about the heat they generate. As the match draws to an end, one man peels the other man off the ring floor, following a string of elbow drops to the chest. The soon-to-be winner grins, savoring every bit of the moment. He finishes, rolling his fight buddy up, both shoulders pinned to the mat.

The loser congratulates the winner, adding, it's been "a lot of fun." The awesome beauty of comradely sportsmanship!


Visit MuscleBoy here.



Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more