Ultimate Dominance
William vs Jimmy, The Ultimate Dominance Battle (YNFighters)
Debate it all you want. Is this wrestling? Is it spectacle? Is it erotic? Is it drama? Is it sport? Is it cheesy? Wait! Does it have to be just one thing? These images live mainly in the eyes of the beholder, but also in real competitiveness. For me, most of the appeal is nostalgia; in the words of Merriam-Webster, "a wistful or sentimental yearning for a return to or of some past period or irrecoverable condition." That's why I like old black-and-white films of ring matches and still shots from the 1950s. But these two bodies repeatedly clapped together are just as truthful as any legit sport - more truthful, in my opinion, than 90-percent of professional wrestling promotions, which offer sparkle but hardly any sustained muscle contact, and zero honest-to-goodness competition. Watching William and Jimmy at work reminds me that wrestling can be competition without a script or acrobatics or a cum shot. I'm not hating on the other stuff, a lot of which I enjoy; I'm promoting wrestling as an honest sport - in all its urgency and roughneck comradery.
Visit YNFighters here.










I really like a lot of what these pretty young guys put out - they have a nice variety of styles too on their WatchFighters page (I'm partial to the video game ones myself, but preteen me started with video games as much as pro wrestling) but I quite like this match as well! the intense physical contact is quite intimate
ReplyDeleteI would be interested to know what the backstory with these fighters is, on WF they post under several channels with an interchangeable roster, are they Ukrainian? Russian? some former Soviet block country? The sometimes break into their native language, which fuck if i understand, anyone know?
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking Ukrainian based on nothing. I like to imagine them as Ukrainian.
Delete