Whipping Boy







Van Acker vs The Mountain, Bodybuilder Battle 211 (Thunders Arena)

I didn't expect Van Acker to win, but I wanted him to. Van has played the rag doll for most of his wrestling career. Understandable. There's something about him that makes wrestlers want to crush him, often solid hunks like IceMan18, Loki, Meaty, Steel and, in his early rookie days, taking on Z-Man, Ronnie Pearl, Austin Cooper, and Scrappy, guys closer to him in size and weight, but determined to spread him across the mat like mayonnaise.

I see Van Acker as the bully who gets smashed by bigger, stronger bullies, but he hardly ever gets the chance to flex his "bully" creds. The guy's chutzpah reliably backfires on him again and again, whatever his ambitions were. It's like the guy was built to be squashed, and the more he tries to fight back, the squashier he becomes. Despite rooting for him and worrying over his health and safety, it is fun watching the big studs slaughter him. Van Acker was built for this. And I think he likes it.


Visit Thunders Arena here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more