Pow Bam Boom












Heath Hatton vs Matt Cage, 23 March  2013 (ProWrestling Collision)

I love the way these wrestlers go to 11 in the first seconds of this championship match from five years ago. The first five GIFs above cover actions in and out of the ring between the 01:05 mark and 02:35, so things happen really fast. These are big beefy guys who know how to make a wrestling ring squeak and roar. I could watch brawny brute force like this for hours, easily.

Going in, the champion is Heath Hatton, 6', 207#, who starts right off with the fisticuffs - and he's the good guy! He's angry because before the match his opponent has insulted his family, including his young daughter. The ringside commentators observe that they have never seen the man this enraged. It works for him, I think. He should do rage more often. I see him as a bit of a cross between Pvt. Pyle in Full Metal Jacket  and  Bamm-Bamm Rubble all grown up. I like his look and his style. 

The challenger, Matt Cage, 5'10", 216#, is a hot hot heel, who probably deserves everything that's coming to him. His buddy Zakk Sawyers is just outside the ring, ready to interfere at a second's notice. (Yeah, it happens. The ref gets knocked out, too. This match is classic textbook rasslin'.) Matt's face should be familiar to longtime followers of this blog (first seen here). His Twitter profile proclaims him an out and proud gay man. (Yay!) Now retired from the indie circuit, he here provides a formidable challenge to the champ, as illustrated in the 5th, 7th, and 8th GIFs above.


Visit Pro Wrestling Collision's Facebook home here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more