Best Enemies



















Callum vs Lewy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 (Wrestle4aFee)

I have acquired my first new obsession of 2019, courtesy of an anonymous tip left in the comments section of my first post of 2019. (Whoever you are, my heartfelt thanks!) That obsession is Callum and his circle of frenemies over at Wrestle4aFee, a grittier, relatively cheaper predecessor to Wrestler4Hire.

So far I've only explored the saga of Killer Callum's long feud with Lewy, as preserved in six excellent videos, each one tracking the technical advances of both wrestlers in the ring, on the mat, practically anywhere, over five years or so. Each video is purposefully linked with the previous, so Callum throwing a conquered Lewy over one shoulder and carrying him off at the end of the third match segues to the fourth match, which begins with Callum dumping Lewy into a cold bath to revive him ... and so the fight goes on.

Callum is my ideal of the tough, athletic doughboy, as defined by Wrestling Arsenal a few years ago. He's skilled, hardy, with enough of a temper to seek comeuppance for wrongs done to him. It helps that he's British and pale in complexion, too. I'm mesmerized by his and Lewy's (what I take to be) Manchester dialect. It calls to mind favorite movies like Naked and 24 Hour Party People. It's full of underbelly panache. (I just realized I love the word underbelly.)

Since eighth grade, this has been the life I wanted. A suitable adversary, who, every other year or so, or more frequently, but regularly, meets up with me at some isolated, neutral space for a week of wrestling and roughhouse. For years I imagined he would be the actor Robert Conrad, Jim West on the 1960s series The Wild Wild West. I aimed too high, but managed to have a fine life anyway, my devotion to wrestling even stronger now than it was back then.

As for Callum and Lewy, I watched their most recent match first (the last two screenshots above). These jizzed-up young heavyweights battling in and out of the ring in promission style instantaneously became my latest addiction, and in a space of a few hours I had bought and downloaded all their matches together. Promission is the combination of theatrical aspects of pro wrestling with authentic submissions, and for my money, it's the quintessence of underground wrestling  - and the direction that the very best wrestlers in American promotions are taking it.


Visit Wrestle4aFee here. Check out the available videos here.

Comments

  1. What an amazing post. Callum is a phenomenon. Lewy's transformation is incredible but it's Callum who captivates. He seems to be the face in some meetings and the heel in others and can do both roles admirably. I see also a series with a smoking hot French dude called Yourek. I love the sound of the voices too but often can't understand what is said. Callum's suffering is awesome and I share your obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree. This boy Callum is probably the best seller of pain I have ever seen and heard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm Callum from wrestle4afee I am in USA 5th till 19th march 2019 visiting clients and wrestling for a fee if anyone is interested please don't hesitate to email me on cjclarke1993@hotmail.co.uk thank you for all your comments means a lot to me and glad I can please you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more