The Claw!











Chase Lundquist vs Brock Hartman, Tic Tac Toe Submission - Stretched and X'ed (88Wrestling)

The iron claw is kayfabe's greatest achievement, a masterpiece of affected domination and pain. A quarter of the way through 88's latest, Chase Lundquist executes the hold boldly like he's a born Von Erich and does so under the best possible circumstances, i.e. both bodies shimmering with sweat. Chase wears the mantle of the gallant but brutal babyface nearly as well as Kevin Von Erich ever did. His opponent Brock Hartman revealed his heel colors against Chase's tag partner Tanner Hill in January. Brock is the brooding, masculine hunk of my memories of high school. He's a sadistic cub and one tough cookie in the ring.

88Wrestling is obviously on a roll. Its recent output is miles beyond its hesitant and self-conscious forays of even a year ago. This is the good stuff I always knew it was capable of. Chase and Brock both are magnificent heaps of manly flesh, but equally important there's a darkness to them that combines magnetism and savagery, a potent blend in pro style wrestling.

My pal Dr. L whetted my appetite for this match over the weekend, writing,

The new 88 release starts off with immense promise: both men are already sweating before they make any physical contact. This bodes well. Given that I could spend endless balmy afternoons worshiping a steaming Lundquist, I knew I was going to be happy even if the match sucked, which it does not. I like seeing Brock Hartman getting his ass whipped almost as much as I enjoy Lundquist whipping it.

It's no wonder Dr. L and I have become fast friends over the years. We think and lust so much alike. Chase and Brock give and take their bumps handsomely, but the meanness and sweaty muscle are what captivate me most in this battle. The tic-tac-toe angle offers little to the mix, but it doesn't detract from it either. Chase is already a cross-promotion superstar, and this match should establish his reputation as one of the best babyface heroes in all underground wrestling.


Visit 88Wrestling here.


Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more