And the Hits Just Keep Coming












Joey McCoy vs Spencer Hawkins, Catalog 14 - The Muscle Boys Get Erotic (MuscleBoy Wrestling) 

I realize bookings are 90 percent a question of who's available and when, but MuscleBoy has been uncommonly lucky in matching wrestler to wrestler over the years. These seemingly mismatched knuckleheads straddle the line between slapstick and intensity in a fight that gets rougher and meaner as the clock ticks down to the finish. Between mugging for the camera and all but carving their initials into each other's flesh, Spencer (5'10", 175#) and Joey (5'4", 135#) are a tilt-a-whirl of torture, payback, recklessness, and sadism - thus despite the Mutt and Jeff pairing, perfect for each other.

I changed my opinion about who was "obviously" going to win this match about a dozen times in the process of watching it, often with one hand covering my gaping mouth. In truth, I didn't know what to expect from one minute to the next, but I could not tear my eyes away from the screen. Spencer debuted in MBW's previous catalog in a constantly accelerating match against fellow newcomer Kurt Fletcher. For sweat and roughness, this fight equals that one, but this one further benefits from the presence of Joey in his sixth match at MuscleBoy and maybe his best to date.

"Erotic" doesn't cover the half of what this brawl is. If you love wrestling the way I love wrestling, watching McCoy and Hawkins tear into each other for 27 minutes is better than a solid hour of butt-fucking. I have my own way of seeing things, of course, but I have never understood how anybody could remain unmoved by the sex appeal of a good, sweaty fight.


Visit MuscleBoy here.


Comments

  1. Spencer Hawkins looks way too similar to Kyle Carter from RHW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that a bad thing? I don't think so.

      Delete
    2. It's not, it's just a bit brow raising.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more