Tight Sweaty Finish












Watching rail-thin AJ Black writhe in John Wolfboy's grip takes me back to the early years of this blog and my infatuation with Mark Lander. I know many (most) visitors to this blog prefer pro wrestling, which I like too, but slow, steady, huffing, grunting mat grappling is what (really, I mean it) makes life interesting to me. And life is very interesting now that I've seen Wolfboy throw off his sheep's clothing and turn into the sneering, contemptuous antagonist he was born to be. 

If there's artifice in the match, it does not draw attention to itself or distract from the scientific maneuvers employed to subject one's opponent. To be sure, Wolfboy brings loads of piping hot attitude to the mat, verging on what I expect of pro events. And AJ sells like a damsel getting tied to railroad tracks - but I'm pretty certain AJ is not acting - or not acting much - but is truly in pain, in a panic, and in need of a hero to rescue his ass.

It's one of the most dazzling exhibitions of wrestling as S&M I have seen. Wolfboy loves to dominate and torment. He has a gift for it. This style of combat requires no less skill and far more intensity and closer attention than pro-ring flips, whips, hurricanranas, and high dives. The criticism that mat wrestling is too slow requires blindness to the eroticism of one body gaining, in small incremental invasions,  total control and mastery of another.

I can't praise Cameron enough for launching NHB Fights this year. Any doubts I had about the venture were erased once I watched two or three of the matches all the way through. This is the style of wrestling I love above all others, and NHBF serves it up raw - unadorned and unshackled. Eye candy? Definitely. But these gumdrops kick ass.


Visit NHB Fights here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more