Bam Bam Bam



Dylan Davis vs Channing Decker, UCW Apprehension in Riverview! (Ultimate Championship Wrestling)

Despite too much gear and too much clowning, Davis and Decker give me the hards in this match from late November. It has a lot to do with the muscles on these guys, and their energy in (and out of) the ring. I liked and blogged about Dylan's match with rainbow-colored Cody Blayde in January.  Periodically I am reminded how affected I am by rippling back and shoulder muscles, especially when a tan is involved. Such was the case when I caught sight of Channing - who looks equally fine from the front. Blond hair rooted in dark brown works for me, too.

Slug outs and body slams, when performed well, are like mentholated gel on balls, and Davis and Decker perform both the moves and the drama behind them well. The family-friendly acrobantics are hit and miss, in my opinion, but both these guys have what I call "bounce," which sells the takedowns while simultaneously making them cartoonish. The worse thing is the match's climactic detour - outside interference, knocked-out ref - but ultimately it is not the cheap sellout such plot devices usually are.











Visit Ultimate Championship Wrestling on Twitter here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more