Flare-Up
Jordan Devlin vs Connor Mills, Undisputed III (IPW:UK)
IPW:UK's last ever show* features this crisply executed rematch of Jordan Devlin and Connor Mills, its energy boosted with deliberate jerky zoom pans and strobe-like editing. Young Connor, who was Cara Noir's plaything the previous year, is amazing in this match, holding his own against the more experienced and ever dazzling Jordan.
The visuals say it all, really. By visuals I mean the wrestlers' gear. Whether the WWE-style camerawork enhances or distracts from the wrestlers' daredevil attacks, viewers must decide for themselves. I like it here, but would not like a steady diet of it. With a Steadicam, I'm sure the acrobatics would still make my jaw drop. Harsh white lighting scratches the nerves, also, but in a good way.
The video is part of the superb collection of fights at the darren korn channel on YouTube, which all Skull Islanders have adopted as a holy shrine. You should, too.
* The IPW:UK brand was bought by new owners at the beginning of 2020. As far as I know, IPW:UK has not had live shows since this match on December 15, 2019.










Comments
Post a Comment