Gunnar vs Lobo 2











Gunnar vs Lobo Gris, Bro Battle (Wrestler4Hire)

In February I had this to say about Gunnar vs Lobo (in a ring match at MuscleBoy Wrestling): "The mismatch makes it difficult for me to engage with it, much as I like and admire both Gunnar and Lobo." I'd have to say the same for this match. I don't know the actual chronology, whether this match was shot before or after the MuscleBoy match, and it doesn't much matter. 

The W4H match takes place in what looks like a guest room in a fine, traditionally appointed house. There isn't a lot of space for the wrestlers to move. The tight squeeze is no problem. Many a fine wrestling match is set in a small enclosure - a dorm room, a tool shed, the back room of a bar. What matters is the grunting and writhing, which these two guys provide plenty of.

Lobo puts up a good defense, much good it does him in the end. Gunnar breaks a glorious sweat in the match's closing minutes. They manage some big arena moves, surprising in a room this small, stuck between armoire and bed - the body slam (GIF #1) and the armbar (GIF #5) are especially impressive in tight quarters. They prove that good wrestlers don't need an arena to grapple impressively, and these guys rock!


Visit Wrestler4Hire here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more