Ruffian











Jason Page vs Travis Titan, MPW Red, White, and Bruised (Metro Pro Wrestling)

This post has and does not have spoilers. Confusing, I know. If you hate spoilers, stop now and hit the link to watch this stunning match from last summer, one of the best I've seen.  (Even the GIFs above should not be closely studied.) Even if you like spoilers, I am keeping them to a minimum. The match - a championship bout, with Jason Page defending the MPW Heritage Title - is full of what-just-happeneds? and holy-shits. A blank slate is your best mindset coming into this bout. Prepare yourself. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

The match is all the better because of the skillful way it was captured on video - a sustained, uninterrupted long take that seldom moves and almost never puts the camera in the wrong place. 

Jason Page (in blue trunks) is bad-boy greatness. He debuted almost four years ago. I blogged about him (as Jason Hotch) last September. He is mean-looking handsome, one of my favorite types of handsome. And it's not just looks. As this match illustrates, the 20-something guy is either the meanest young wrestler in pro wrestling or on his way there. You can see a few of his despicable manhandlings in the GIFs above - and really, they don't include the meanest stuff, which I saved for you kind but sick readers to discover for yourselves.

Travis Titan is somewhat older than Page. He comes off as a basically decent dude (a decency that often goes unrewarded in this fight). He wants to win the title, of course, and as the match progresses and he catches the scent of Page's no-goodness, he cares less about the title than the total demolition of Jason Page. I figure Page has that effect on most opponents. Titan has some killer moves of his own, and Page is as stupid as he is mean if he thinks Titan is a sap and a pushover.

I want to say more, but I want you to watch this match more and get the full benefit of it. If you like rough, you will appreciate what I've just done for you.



Visit Metro Pro Wrestling's Facebook page here.

Comments

  1. Nice write-up, thanks for sharing your insights on this exciting match (and the great camera work.) I checked it out and I'm impressed. This Jason Page, whew. I'm a fan. I blogged about your article and shared a couple more images at https://newtumbl.com/x_iN2H7SsnA51O.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wrestling Arsenal! I'm a fan, too , "Jason Page, whew," indeed!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more