One Man Show













Pretty Steve D doesn't sell for shit, so Jonny Firestorm has to turn his attention to the ref. The poor ref, whose job is to keep things fair and square in the ring, takes the brunt of Jonny's rage in this ring-match apocalypse. Steve D hardly warrants Jonny's attention, but he is fetching eye candy nonetheless. Firestorm's droll humor and malice aforethought keep the match moving.

At times, the match reminds me of the time Kota Ibushi wrestled an inflatable sex doll. Steve poses no threat to Jonny whatsoever and offers no resistance (no reaction, in fact) to Jonny's manhandling. Yet Jonny persists. That's a pro for you. As W4H's match description puts it, "There is a definite feeling of Jonny not willing to hand over the underground reins to the next generation just yet .... " As I see it, Jonny represents the old school style of wrestling that's being asked to step aside to make room for the next generation, but the next generation is not prepared to take the reins.  

I have to wonder whether Cameron and Jonny are sending us a message here.


Visit Wrestler4Hire here.

Comments

  1. I'm not sure how I missed this one on W4H recently!
    I saw one of Stevie's matches on thunders arena and he was up against Jacob Van Acker. I really didn't find him all that bad. You could tell he was new but the overall flow of the match was decent. Your gif captures alone say otherwise though, just as you said above. I'm curious if this match was filmed before the thunders match.

    All that aside... I think big and beefy Jonny Firestorm may be my favorite JF! I'll have to check this one out soon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more